Welcome To King City Union School District
Good Things are Happening in Education at King City Union School District
King City Union School District is a K-8 public school district with an enrollment of approximately 2500 students. Currently we have three K-5 elementary schools: Del Rey, Santa Lucia and King City Arts Magnet. Chalone Peaks is our middle school with grades 6-8th. With our professional and highly qualified teaching staff, our district continues to focus on teaching the California State Standards. Over the last few years, our district has made considerable growth and continues to achieve a higher improvement rate than the Monterey County average and this last year even higher than the California State average. Currently two of our elementary schools have produced an API of 800 and above. King City Arts Magnet teaches the California State Standards with an emphasis on the arts. Our middle school has started an honors program, offering advanced classes in language arts, math, science and social sciences. We believe that all students can achieve!
The mission of the district, in partnership with staff and community, is to provide a safe and supportive learning environment focused on academic excellence and high expectations for all students. The district and its staff are committed to quality instructional experiences for all students and their academic, social, physical, artistic, and emotional development. We are preparing students to be global thinkers, workers and leaders for the 21st century.
- Students are our number one priority and will be given every educational opportunity to excel.
- Our vision is to create high quality, rigorous schools that look to the future with effective, supportive staff committed to academic and character excellence for our students.
- The vision of the district is to provide all students with the tools to become lifelong learners, responsible citizens and productive community members.
- We value and find strength in our diversity. Our district is an environment in which everyone is valued and treated with dignity and respect. Teaching and learning are meaningful, relevant and results-driven.
- Families, staff, and our entire community, act as full partners in the educational process, actively working collaboratively to ensure the academic, social, physical, artistic, and emotional success of each student in the district.
- The King City Union School District community believes that a student’s success equals our success.